Wednesday, October 10, 2007

6. Tag Along!


So, now having a play with tagging websites of interest in Del.icio.us. (makes me think of the food magazine!). Starting out with quilting sites - tagging those offering free quilting patterns. This is one quilt I have made but using different fabrics. Good to be able to tag the different sites by subject so that they are easily identified. Access this site http://del.icio.us/ to set up an account, search for sites of interest and tag them with subject headings so they are easily located. I am also looking for good book sites to include starting with children's books, mystery/crime writing and favourite authors like Peter Robinson. It was fun to see how doing a search by mystery books I was able to click on the tag "mystery" on one of the sites listed and it gave my entry "by tillylilly" as one of the many results at the top of the page - very exciting!
Had a play with Technorati (http://www.technorati.com/) searching for 'Learning 2.0' under entire posts and tags only, and different authority (other people's thoughts on the sites listed) to see how the results differ. With the search results also able to click on the link for blogs, videos and photos (takes you into flickr) on the subject. Very versatile! Just from what I have seen Technorati certainly looks like an enormous site. I have decided not to have my blog listed on the site.

No comments: